Op de Amerikaanse Sims 3 site heeft SimGuru Lyndsay een post gemaakt over het uitzetten van de optie ‘Verhaal Vooruitgang. Deze schijnt niet te werken maar EA heeft daarvoor een oplossing gevonden.
De optie Verhaal Vooruitgang laat de buurt leven: buurtgenoten leven gewoon door, trouwen, krijgen promotie enzo maar sommige van ons willen deze optie niet. Deze oplossing werkt trouwens alleen voor de PC.
Een vertaling van dit bericht vindt je hier op ons blog.
Hi All – I’ve seen many conversations popping up about our game feature called Story Progression and the fact that the option to turn it off doesn’t work. We’ve been investigating this and have found that the toggle is not doing what it was intended to do. We are working to address this asap but in the meantime there is a workaround for PCs.
- Find your game executable. It should be here: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
- Create a shortcut on your desktop to the TS3.exe.
- Right-Click on the shortcut and choose “Properties”
- In the top line “Target:” go to the end of the line and add this tag –disablestoryprogression
** You Simmers have been awesome and pointed out you need to make sure there is a space BEFORE the dash in your target line. Thanks guys!
- From this point on you will need to run your game from this shortcut and NOT through your launcher.
There isn’t a work around for Mac at this time.
I realize this is a certainly not ideal but it will address the issue while we are working on a real fix.
I also want to mention that there are a few events that can still occur even if story progression is completely off.
- Any pre-made pregnant Sims will still have their babies.
- If Aging is on, Sims will still die.
- As YOUR Sims get new jobs, other Sims in the neighborhood may have their careers reassigned to become your boss or co-workers.
Thanks so much for your patience.
PS. If you want your story progression back on you need to remove this tag from your shortcut.