Who is Lucien Hyde and what is he doing in Midnight Hollow? Read Designer Alan Copeland’s interview and find out! See if you can spot him in The Sims 3 Midnight Hollow Trailer! To learn more about Midnight Hollow, click here!
Lucien is a tortured artist whose only torturer is himself. He enjoys being sad and the better he is, the sadder he gets. It’s his thing.
- Good morning, Lucien! Thanks for joining us today.
- Hyde: Aren’t we a little past the general presumption that just because it’s morning that life defaults to being “good”? Today is the same quagmire of hopelessness and despair as yesterday or the day before that.
- Ok, well then “hello” and again, thank you for joining us.
- Hyde: *Sigh* Whatever.
- We understand that you’re an artist. Tell us a little about that.
- Hyde: I don’t define myself as an “Artist”. I am an observer of the darkness that surround us and reside within us. I use a variety of media to shine a spotlight on that darkness for the world to see.
- Um, OK. But doesn’t a spotlight actually get rid of darkness?
- Hyde: You must think you’re SO clever. Typical media.
- Maybe we should change topics. What brought you to Midnight Hollow?
- Hyde: I used to spend my days on the beach in Sunlit Tides but my girlfriend left me for a Masseuse. Thanks for bringing up that painful and bitter part of my life.
- I’m sorry to hear that. Have you met anyone since moving into town?
- Hyde: Kara Carter seems pretty interesting. Or not. She has a rather eclectic sense of style. Makes you wonder what secrets she’s trying to cover up with all of that fashion.
- Finally, tell us a little something people might not know about you.
- Hyde: My mother says I have a delightful sense of humor.