Marina Vasquez is spitfire of an woman. Her personal philosophy of “I’ve lived this long, so why not?!” how amassed her a small personal fortune, eclectic (rich tacky?) taste, and a slew of failed marriages, but that won’t slow her down. She’s fallen head over heels for Fausto and though he’s 25 years younger than her she just knows that he’s the one! And if he’s not? She’s lived this long! So why not?
Fausto Vasquez has always been known for his good looks and his charming personality and he rode on those traits for most of his life. Now as he sees his youth fading and realizes he has no real talent or experience to speak of he realizes he needs a new plan. He can love someone significantly older than him right? Or at least pretend to for awhile?
- Good afternoon Mr. and Mrs. Vasquez. Thanks for meeting with me. You have a lovely home.
- Fausto Vasquez: Thank you. It’s a blend of vintage and modern. I think it says a lot about who we are.
- It looks like you two have a very interesting relationship.
- Marina Vasquez: We do. He likes to shop online and I like him dressing up like the delivery boy to drop off a package.
- That’s probably more information than we need to know.
- Marina Vasquez: Look Sparky. Do you mind if I call you Sparky?
- Actually I kinda do. My name is…
- Marina Vasquez: Sparky, I stopped caring what people in this town think six administrations ago. Before I met my little Fauzy-bear I was going to leave my fortune to my poodle.
- Fausto Vasquez: But now that Snuggles is dead, I’m the only one you’re leaving it too, right? I mean, not that it matters. But I AM the only one?
- Marina Vasquez: Of course! But I’m sure we’ve got many happy years ahead of us.
- Fausto Vasquez: Sure. But you never know what can happen. Just look at what happened to Snuggles.
- Marina Vasquez: Yes. I don’t know how she got out of her crate and past the door.
- Fausto Vasquez: …and the gate.
- Um… let’s move on. Marina, you grew up in this town. Is there anyone you would recommend I interview?
- Marina Vasquez: Have you met Wheeler? If there was anyone that should have more money in town than I do, it’s him. But you see him on the street and he’s this weird hobo.
Thanks for your time.