Zoals maandag al duidelijk werd zou er vandaag een nieuwe update uit gaan komen voor De Sims 4. Hoewel de precieze inhoud nog een verrassing was, is zojuist met het uitkomen van de update duidelijk geworden is de update gericht op de Caribisch. Zo zijn er verschillende kleurrijke kledingstukken, zomerse haarstijlen, nieuw behang, een ventilator voor aan het plafond en zelfs schuifduren. Over een klein uurtje zal de update verder worden toegelicht tijdens de speciale livestream die je hier kunt bekijken.
Update: 08/16/2018 – PC 18.104.22.1680/ Mac 22.214.171.1240
Summer will be over soon, but that doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate the warm weather with some free content for the community. The Sims community is truly global, which means we have so many fun stories to tell with events like Diwali, Day of the Dead, and more. Through our Sims’ clothing, furniture, food, and activities, we are trying to celebrate the diversity within our community.
With summer in full swing, we shifted our gaze towards the sunny Caribbean and its vibrant, colorful clothing and styles. With Carnival taking place throughout the region, we took inspiration from the traditional patterns to craft some hip, modern clothing for your Sims to wear to a party, or perhaps the last picnic of the summer.
In this pack you’ll find three new hairs, two of which have beautiful curls & textures! There are also numerous new clothing assets, some makeup, and even a little furniture. We should mention that it includes a ceiling fan and sliding door…
Check out the new assets, tell us what you think, and be sure to share your stories and creations in the Gallery!
Now for this month’s patch notes.
Grant Rodiek, aka SimGuruGrant
The Sims 4
- Screenshots taken using the C key are no longer fuzzy. We had some schmutzle on the lens we had to clean off.
There are now three new hairs, as well as a head wrap.
In case you are looking for even more hair, there’s a new stubbly beard!
- There is an abundance of new clothing! We added two feminine tops, two skirts, snazzy sweatpants, a new suit, and some sandals. And if you can’t decide how to set it up, there are new Featured Looks to kickstart your ideas (one male, one female).
- Can’t we makeup? There are new lipsticks, new eyeshadows, and new eyeliners.
- There are now four sliding doors.
- There is now a ceiling fan, in case you were curious about that breeze.
- We have added a new wallpaper – look for its leafy goodness!
- There is a new coffee table, potted plant, living chair, loveseat, and painting.
- We fixed an issue where thought bubbles would overlap and never go away. It should be fixed now, at least, that is our thought. Bubble. Get it.
- The word “Queer” is no longer banned by the profanity filter. As language evolves, it’s important we stay on top of these things, so thank you for the feedback.
- The Walls Down and Cutaway View options function as expected if an additional active Sim is added to your household when visiting an NPC home.
- Two Sims can no longer try to pick up/wrangle a toddler at the same time.
- Family Trees should accurately represent a Sim’s lineage now with non-blank thumbnails.
- Build Mode and Gallery music will no longer collide for dominance. We accidentally introduced a bug that was more or less the worst version of Battle of the Bands.
- Expansion Pack, Game Pack, and any Stuff Pack fish types now count towards the Collect 20 Types of Fish goal from the Angling Ace Aspiration.
- You can now live-drag microphones and place them in a Sim’s inventory.
Get to Work
- Employees now deduct funds when restocking, so it’s no longer free. But also, the cheaper restocking perk now works for employees. We giveth, we taketh away.
Romantic Garden Stuff
- The Wishing Well now gives you a soulmate with the gender of your Sim’s romantic preference.
- Sims walking around San Myshuno now act like it’s cold outside, or hot, as you’d expect, if Seasons is installed.
- Sims now dress appropriately for the weather to mourn.
Sims conducting athletic activity like basketball and jogging will no longer freeze to death. Sporting is once again safe.
- If you have Laundry Day Stuff, seasonal clothing changes won’t generate so many clothing piles.
- There was an issue where Sims you created, but weren’t currently playing, would be affected by weather, and therefore might immediately freeze to death when trying to play them. This seemed like a poor way to play The Sims, so we fixed it.