Leuk artikel op deze pagina van Games Industry over Sims met wat feitjes & weetjes.
- The Sims games have been translated into 22 different languages (including Russian and Thai) and shipped to 60 countries across the world.
- The Sims franchise was one of the first games to not just pull in huge PC gaming numbers, but a roughly equal gender split.
- An official postage stamp picturing two Sims and the green diamond icon was released in France.
- The official community website for The Sims 2 attracts over 4 million visitors per month at peak times, and has hosted over 25 million downloads of custom content created by the game’s fanbase.
- The first ever object created for the game back in 1993 was a toilet – a number of different interactions with the object were also created, from using it to cleaning it, while male characters tended to use it differently from females (standing up and sitting down, respectively).
- The Sims’ set of aspirations were programmed according to a model inspired by Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, which states that people are motivated by needs – once basic needs have been satisfied, a person then become motivated by less urgent requirements.
- Will Wright once introduced a mysterious virus to the game, and as the infection spread throughout the game’s world, so did debate on the message boards – what was the source of the illness? Players finally traced it back to pet guinea pigs and shared tips for surviving the outbreak.