De (als het goed is) laatste update voor De Sims 4 in 2018 is zojuist uitgebracht. (Oké, kritieke bugs daargelaten.) Zoals al een paar weken bekend was, is de update van het gratis Feestdagenpakket de belangrijkste toevoeging van deze update. In totaal zijn er zo negen nieuwe voorwerpen en acht nieuwe kledingstukken, zie ook deze post voor een overzicht daarvan. Dat zijn echter nog niet alle nieuwe toevoegingen, want daarbovenop is er ook nog twee nieuwe recepten, een nieuwe speaker en drie nieuwe Baby Ariel kledingstukken aan het basisspel toegevoegd. Los van deze toevoegingen zijn er ook weer verschillende bugs opgelost zoals je hieronder in de patch opmerkingen verder rustig kunt nalezen.
UPDATE: 12/18/2018 – PC 188.8.131.520 / Mac 184.108.40.2060
It’s cold out there… wait, that’s a Groundhog Day intro. Also, it’s pretty “northern” stereotypical… my apologies. So, it’s a month out there in which some experience a cold season at this time of the cycle in which we revolve (or not) around the glowing ball in the sky, and in which festivities may or may not be observed, and others experience a warmer season, in which similar, or non-similar observances may be made. And I wish you an emotional response relevant to your desire.
With that said…
We have added MORE to the Holiday Pack!
More home things…
- Some new light sources!
- 2×1 Ceiling light
- Mason jar candles
- A log display… with candles
- Some new decoratives!
- Ceiling snowflake décor
- Mason jar décor
- Bough wall hanging
- Wood carving wall hanging
- A fireplace façade (for decorative purposes only)
- A new Picnic table
And more clothing things…
- A sweater top for kids
- A female full body outfit
- Female pants
- A female hair
- A male sweater
- A male hair
- Slippers for male and female
- Yeti costume, unless you choose brown, then it’s a Bigfoot costume
- Not that I’ve ever seen Bigfoot…
- And I apologize if you are a Big Foot who happens to play The Sims. Hopefully you see a resemblance.
All Holiday pack objects can be found easily in the catalog by using the Holiday Pack filter, in the filter sort options.
Remember, if you have not yet downloaded the Holiday Pack, click on the Holiday Pack icon from the Main Menu! And if you have already downloaded the pack previously, you don’t need to do anything, you have the updates now!
…assuming you are reading this after you launched The Sims, and finished downloading the update. If not, then you have them then!
In addition to the Holiday content, there are few other new bits…
- A female hoodie, sweater, and crop top are new in Create a Sim
- Two new recipes for your Sims to cook
- Winter Cake
- Crown Roast
- And the Lin-Z Smart Speaker!
- Play music, order a pizza, play trivia, be yelled at… all with the touch of… with the call of the wild… with just a…
- You have to just talk to it. Your Sim talks to It.
- Please don’t start talking to your computer.
- But if you already do, that’s ok, there’s nothing wrong with that. Just don’t name your computer Shodan.
- Make friends with your new AI overlord and learn its secrets! Or don’t. It’ll remember
First person camera smoothing updates. We got some feedback about the mode being a bit sickness-inducing (especially if you watch the announce stream and saw the Sim on the swing… or the rock clim… ahm, ur okay, I’m… let’s move on).
“Roll” has been disabled in First Person Camera mode when you are using the Sims 4 camera settings (you can find your chosen option in the Camera Controls menu in the upper right corner of the screen). Roll is essentially side to side movement along a curve, and the primary motivator of discomfort.
If you are a Sims 3 Camera user, and you want the smoother camera, you can use the cheat “camera.fpc.simple on” to switch to Sims 4 camera while in First Person Camera mode. And of course, to turn it off “camera.fpc.simple off”.
In addition players can use the cheat “camera.fpc.smoothing off/low/medium/high” to fine-tune their experience.
That’s that for the new, on to the old.
- The tutorial has been updated with some new tips in order to assist our new players with the basics of playing The Sims!
- Style Influencer stay at home tasks now register as complete, when completed.
- You can now hire a gardener if you have plants on your lot for your gardener to garden, regardless of your garden’s gardening needs.
- Previously, if your garden was not in need, you were being incorrectly informed that you didn’t have a garden.
- The brick01GEN wall pattern has a new name.
- Teen interaction Mess Around should no longer duplicate itself in the interaction menu for each target location for said mess around.
- Townie Sims are no longer glaring at each other as they pass by on the streets.
- Sims have taken social etiquette classes, and now understand that one does not need to constantly mix drinks when hosting a party.
- Does the concept of the entire Sims populace taking classes in social etiquette give you an Orwellian chill?
- The tutorial’s chef aspiration no longer starts your Sim with the Snob, Foodie, and Glutton traits, but instead the Slob, Perfectionist, and Foodie traits.
- The former due to a text error.
- The later due to the two being incompatible.
- First Person Camera will no longer show the inside of the Sim’s head when using Intel Integrated Graphics.
- I told my mom that, she called my grandma, and said she was worried about me.
- Ceilings should no longer look darkened, but instead lighting should be more prevalent in comparison to the location of lights in a room.
- The Gardener Career now provides raises when the profession is maxed.
- The With Pets, Dogs, or Cats Gallery filter now works, and will no longer break your other filters from functioning.
- Z/X and -/+ shortcut keys will now adjust FOV in first person camera mode.
- Exiting first person camera will no longer cause a Sims head to become stuck facing one direction.
- Many others however are still stuck facing One Direction.
- If you have enough traits to fill the Simology panel beyond the window height allowed by your monitors resolution, you will no longer find yourself unable to interact with the Simology panel.
- Also, your Sim is amazingly complex.
- So, this issue has been addressed (see next bullet). However, the fix is easier to understand than the issue… but here it is as it was communicated to me:
- Visiting a household with locks set using another household, resets the locks on returning control to the household with the locks
- If that was not clear, just go with the fix:
- Doors stay locked.
Non-specific pack issue
- Randomly generated neighborhood Sims should no longer shop exclusively within the City Living and Vampires Create-a-Sim catalogs, and are more likely to have expanded their clothing opportunities to all packs you have available for them.
Cats & Dogs
- Cats will no longer become stuck on top of surfaces after being lectured about jumping on surfaces.
- Cat Whiskers now appear with the proper color relevant to the color chosen in Create-a-Sim.
- Setting the thermostat to cold when it’s hot out, or hot when it’s cold out, will no longer add a 1.5-5x modifier to your bills.
- Take Selfie interaction will now help relieve the Separation Anxiety tense buff that is a result of the Phone Fanatic quirk.
- The More Views Video Station can now be cloned with the Eyedropper tool.
- In case you wanted more More Views.
- Sleeping Pod interaction Less Needy Dreams, has been changed to Social Dreams.
- The More Views Video Station memory upgrade tooltip will no longer lie to you.
- The Drama King buff received from watching a Sim perform the Perform Dramatic Monologue interaction will now tell you that it is from watching a Sim perform the Perform Dramatic Monologue interaction.
- Moving an in use Music Production Station will no longer cause the music to become stuck on.
- The Lifestyle Brand interaction now works.
- Celebrity Sims set to the normal walk style, should now maintain their walk style setting.
- Married celebrity Sims will no longer react in disgust towards one another.
- Unless there is reason to.
- Like cutting your toenails in bed.
- I mean, who does that?!
- Sims giving a hand massage, will no longer contort in an excruciatingly painful manner during the massage.
- The Parts to Copy filter, for vampires in Create-a-Sim, should now actually show what parts you can copy.
- REJOICE! Children can once again play on the monkey bars without the compelling need to halt their monkey bar activities to make a mess. Yes, that’s right Mr. and Mrs. John Q. Player, children are free! Free to play! Free to climb, swing, and do whatever it is that children do on the monkey bars. The draw, the compulsion, the absolute need to end their activity to make a mess has finally come to a close. So rejoice! And let your kids climb, until they can climb no more.
Ok, let’s see, it’s been awhile since I’ve done this, so let me just go through my checklist.
- Greeting, uh yep, check.
- The What’s New section, check.
- Various issue commentary, unnecessary expository, overuse of ellipses, random grammar atrocities, run on sentences…, check, check, and… um, check.
- References to old and outdated entertainment media, check.
- Sign off, and holiday wishes, not yet, but shortly.
Looks like everything is good to go!