SimGuruSteph heeft op thesims.com een artikel gezet met tips voor het maken van zwembaden!
By now, hopefully you’ve heard about the release of POOLS and have had a chance to jump in and experience them in game. If you haven’t yet, I really encourage you login to Origin to update The Sims 4* and check them out. You’ll find that there’s a lot of great stuff to explore, from a brand new “Swimwear” category in Create A Sim to flexible build options in Build Mode and fun Sim interactions – such as my favorite, the ability to Splash Sims sitting on the edge of a pool!
However, as the Build Producer, I thought it would be most helpful to provide you with some of my favorite tips for creating amazing looking pools. I hope you find them useful!!
SimGuruSteph’s 10 Tips
- You can build pools on terrain and on different floor-levels. To build a pool on different floor-levels, simply select the pool shape and place it within an existing room.
- Similar to room building, once a pool is placed and selected, use the HORIZONTAL ARROWS to resize it, the CURVED ARROWS to rotate it and the MULTI_ARROW button to move it.
- If you build floor-level pools don’t forget to add a pathway so your Sims can get to it.
- You can add a foundation to floor-level pools. If you remove the walls you can have a pool above the terrain with a little extra height!
- When using the Pool Tool, hold CONTROL to quickly delete pools. Note if you hold CONTROL on terrain pools you can easily delete parts of the pool and even add an island.
- Want your pool to have different depth? No problem, select the pool and on the context menu chose from the three different depths.
- You can build glass pools by simply adding windows to any floor-level pool. It’ll add a touch of opulence and a beautifully lit pool into your home.
- Place lights in the pool and set the mood by adjusting the intensity and color.
- When your pool or pools are complete, don’t forget to add accents from the “Pool Objects” sort and other decorative objects to pull your look together. Whether it’s a Pool Bar, Trees or Outdoor Lighting it will further enhance the space for your Sims to enjoy. Don’t forget about the Poolside Gnome if you have not found her.
- You can share your pool or entire home with pools on the Gallery!
After you’re done building pools in your game, please share them with me, @SimGuruSteph. I’d love to see all your creations.